By Myron B. Penner
Here James K.A. Smith, John Franke, Merold Westphal, Kevin Vanhoozer, Douglas Geivett, and R. Scott Smith reply to the query, "What perils and/or delivers does the postmodern flip carry for the initiatives of Christian thinkers?" Addressing themes comparable to the character of rationality and biblical religion, the connection of language to truth, and the influence of postmodern matters on ethics, this booklet provides quite a few positions in full of life discussion with each one other.
Read or Download Christianity and the Postmodern Turn: Six Views PDF
Best christian theology books
The Epistles to the Colossians and to Philemon are of the main ignored letters within the Apostolic Scriptures (New testomony) by way of today’s Messianic group. Too usually, our engagement point with Colossians is proscribed to phrases that Paul matters approximately Torah practices like Sabbath-keeping or kosher consuming or approximately anything being nailed to the move.
Scientists, philosophers and theologians have wrestled many times with the query of even if wisdom is identical or diversified of their numerous understandings of the area and God. even if contract continues to be elusive, the epistemology of serious realism, linked to Ian Barbour, John Polkinghorne and Arthur Peacocke, continues to be commonly credible.
"The country of God is close to. " (Jesus of Nazareth)The message of Jesus Christ was once the “Gospel of the Kingdom”, and anyplace His disciples went, they unfold that very same message given tothem via their instructor and Messiah. this day, there's not anything extra foundational to knowing and dwelling our religion than to grasp and include this comparable Gospel of the dominion.
The grace of God is frequently known as unmerited desire. actually, the very that means of grace is want. during this awesome e-book written at a time whilst humans desire God's desire greater than ever, Jerry Savelle exhibits how the prefer of God is not just on hand to the believer, but in addition promised. Drawing from his personal event and his deep wisdom of the Scriptures, Dr.
- Salvation for the Sinned-Against: Han and Schillebeeckx in Intercultural Dialogue (Missional Church, Public Theology, World Christianity Book 5)
- Deus providebit: Calvin, Schleiermacher, and Barth on the Providence of God (Emerging Scholars)
- Global Justice, Christology and Christian Ethics (New Studies in Christian Ethics)
- Colonial Saints: Discovering the Holy in the Americas, 1500–1800
- Why I Believe: Straight Answers to Honest Questions about God, the Bible, and Christianity
- Schleiermacher on Christian Consciousness of God's Work in History (Princeton Theological Monograph Series Book 76)
Additional resources for Christianity and the Postmodern Turn: Six Views
Christianity and the Postmodern Turn: Six Views by Myron B. Penner