By Hans Boersma,Matthew Levering
This assortment assembles essays by way of 11 major Catholic and evangelical theologians in an ecumenical dialogue of the advantages – and capability drawbacks – of today’s burgeoning corpus of theological interpretation. The authors discover the severe courting among the earthly global and its heavenly counterpart.
- Ground-breaking quantity of ecumenical debate that includes Catholic and evangelical theologians
- Explores the center theological factor of ways the cloth and religious worlds interrelate
- Features a range of analytical approaches
- Addresses an pressing have to distinguish the confident and challenging facets of today’s swiftly transforming into corpus of theological interpretation
Read or Download Heaven on Earth?: Theological Interpretation in Ecumenical Dialogue (Directions in Modern Theology) PDF
Similar christian theology books
The Epistles to the Colossians and to Philemon are of the main ignored letters within the Apostolic Scriptures (New testomony) by way of today’s Messianic neighborhood. Too often, our engagement point with Colossians is proscribed to phrases that Paul matters approximately Torah practices like Sabbath-keeping or kosher consuming or approximately whatever being nailed to the move.
Scientists, philosophers and theologians have wrestled again and again with the query of even if wisdom is identical or assorted of their numerous understandings of the realm and God. even if contract remains to be elusive, the epistemology of severe realism, linked to Ian Barbour, John Polkinghorne and Arthur Peacocke, is still commonly credible.
"The country of God is close to. " (Jesus of Nazareth)The message of Jesus Christ used to be the “Gospel of the Kingdom”, and at any place His disciples went, they unfold that very same message given tothem by way of their instructor and Messiah. this present day, there's not anything extra foundational to realizing and residing our religion than to grasp and embody this related Gospel of the dominion.
The grace of God is frequently often called unmerited desire. actually, the very which means of grace is want. during this remarkable ebook written at a time while humans want God's want greater than ever, Jerry Savelle exhibits how the prefer of God isn't just to be had to the believer, but in addition promised. Drawing from his personal adventure and his deep wisdom of the Scriptures, Dr.
- The Divine Name(s) and the Holy Trinity, Volume 1 (Divine Names and the Holy Trinity)
- Hans Mol and the Sociology of Religion (Routledge Studies in Religion)
- God in the Dark: The Assurance of Faith Beyond a Shadow of Doubt
- Death and Donation: Rethinking Brain Death as a Means from Procuring Transplantable Organs
- Jonathan Edwards and the Metaphysics of Sin
Extra resources for Heaven on Earth?: Theological Interpretation in Ecumenical Dialogue (Directions in Modern Theology)
Heaven on Earth?: Theological Interpretation in Ecumenical Dialogue (Directions in Modern Theology) by Hans Boersma,Matthew Levering