By Hans Meltofte,Torben R. Christensen,Bo Elberling,Mads C. Forchhammer,Morten Rasch
- The most up-to-date learn at the functioning of Arctic ecosystems
- Supplements present books on arctic weather impression review as a case examine for ecological specialists
- Discusses the advanced perpetuating results on Earth
- Vital details on modeling atmosphere responses to appreciate destiny climates
Read Online or Download High-Arctic Ecosystem Dynamics in a Changing Climate: 40 (Advances in Ecological Research) PDF
Best ecology books
In species with inner fertilization, sperm festival happens whilst the sperm of 2 or extra men at the same time occupy the reproductive tract of a feminine and compete to fertilize an egg (Parker, 1970). a wide physique of empirical learn has confirmed that, as anticipated through sperm festival concept, ladies and men in lots of species own anatomical, behavioral, and physiological diversifications that experience developed to house the adaptive demanding situations linked to sperm festival.
Amphibians and reptiles are the main a variety of, different, and often encountered animals at the Caribbean islands. This ebook presents quite a few views in this extraordinary crew of organisms. Caribbean Amphibians and Reptiles, compiled by way of a global group of zoologists, takes a clean and specified examine the advanced organic puzzle of the Caribbean.
The research of polar ice cores has confirmed to be very instructive approximately prior environmental stipulations at the time scale of numerous climatic cycles, and up to date drilling operations have supplied info of significant price for worldwide switch concerns. The publication provides the latest information extracted from Greenland ice cores and floor experiments and compares them with former Antarctic effects.
Growing and Restoring Wetlands: From idea to perform describes the demanding situations and possibilities when it comes to the recovery of freshwater and estuarine wetlands in average, agricultural, and concrete environments within the coming century. The underpinnings of recovery, pushed by way of ecological (disturbance, dispersal, succession) thought, are defined and utilized to varied actions (restoring hydrology, soils, and biota) which are used to enhance the fast- and long term good fortune of wetland recovery tasks.
- Evolution and Transitions in Complexity: The Science of Hierarchical Organization in Nature
- Vegetation and the Terrestrial Carbon Cycle: The First 400 Million Years
- Im Fokus: Meereswelten: Reise in die unbekannten Tiefen der Ozeane (Naturwissenschaften im Fokus) (German Edition)
- The Longleaf Pine Ecosystem: Ecology, Silviculture, and Restoration (Springer Series on Environmental Management)
- Economics and Ecology: New frontiers and sustainable development
Extra resources for High-Arctic Ecosystem Dynamics in a Changing Climate: 40 (Advances in Ecological Research)
High-Arctic Ecosystem Dynamics in a Changing Climate: 40 (Advances in Ecological Research) by Hans Meltofte,Torben R. Christensen,Bo Elberling,Mads C. Forchhammer,Morten Rasch