By Brian K. Hall
- Commemoration of the one hundred and fiftieth anniverary of Sir Richard Owen's seminal paper distinguishing homology from analogy
- Contributors who're popular leaders in compative biology
- Coverage that's either complete and interdisciplinary
Read or Download Homology: The Hierarchial Basis of Comparative Biology PDF
Similar ecology books
In species with inner fertilization, sperm pageant happens while the sperm of 2 or extra men concurrently occupy the reproductive tract of a feminine and compete to fertilize an egg (Parker, 1970). a wide physique of empirical examine has validated that, as estimated through sperm festival idea, men and women in lots of species own anatomical, behavioral, and physiological diversifications that experience developed to accommodate the adaptive demanding situations linked to sperm pageant.
Amphibians and reptiles are the main various, assorted, and regularly encountered animals at the Caribbean islands. This e-book offers a number of views in this impressive team of organisms. Caribbean Amphibians and Reptiles, compiled by way of a global group of zoologists, takes a clean and exact examine the advanced organic puzzle of the Caribbean.
The research of polar ice cores has confirmed to be very instructive approximately prior environmental stipulations at the time scale of numerous climatic cycles, and up to date drilling operations have supplied info of significant worth for international switch matters. The booklet offers the latest information extracted from Greenland ice cores and floor experiments and compares them with former Antarctic effects.
Growing and Restoring Wetlands: From thought to perform describes the demanding situations and possibilities when it comes to the recovery of freshwater and estuarine wetlands in ordinary, agricultural, and concrete environments within the coming century. The underpinnings of recovery, pushed by means of ecological (disturbance, dispersal, succession) concept, are defined and utilized to numerous actions (restoring hydrology, soils, and biota) which are used to enhance the quick- and long term good fortune of wetland recovery tasks.
- Exotic Brome-Grasses in Arid and Semiarid Ecosystems of the Western US: Causes, Consequences, and Management Implications (Springer Series on Environmental Management)
- Earth and Life: Global Biodiversity, Extinction Intervals and Biogeographic Perturbations Through Time (International Year of Planet Earth)
- Ecological Consequences of Climate Change: Mechanisms, Conservation, and Management
- Landscape Ecology of Small Mammals
- Experiments in Consilience: Integrating Social And Scientific Responses To Save Endangered Species
Additional resources for Homology: The Hierarchial Basis of Comparative Biology
Homology: The Hierarchial Basis of Comparative Biology by Brian K. Hall